In Greater Cincinnati, 1.56 million workers live within 50 miles of downtown Cincinnati. Blue Ash is home to a variety of outstanding companies and public institutions that have a regional, national and international impact with their products and services.
Major employers by size of workforce in Blue Ash
Largest regional employers
The Blue Ash business base is tied to the larger region's business base in many respects. Successful large and small companies reside in the region, including mature companies with global name recognition and relatively young firms known only within their industries.
What unites most companies within the various classifications is that the economic landscape of the Cincinnati USA region has evolved to stay abreast of economic trends. Innovative attitudes and technologies are forging the way for companies of all sizes to compete globally to deliver quality products and services that are relevant now and in the future.
Currently in the region, manufacturing accounts for 12.7% of employment by industry sector.
The largest employers in the region by size of workforce are:
- The Kroger Company, 20,000+ employees
- University of Cincinnati, 15,000+ employees
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, 12,000+ employees
- The Procter & Gamble Company, 12,000+ employees
- TriHealth, Inc., 10,000+ employees
- UC Health, 8,000+ employees
- GE Transportation, 7,500+ employees
- St. Elizabeth Healthcare, 7,000+employees
- Fifth Third Bank, 7,000+ employees
The region has over 400 foreign-owned firms with value-added or executive operations, including the following in Blue Ash:
- Sogeti (France)
- Itelligence (Germany)
- Feintool (Switzerland)
- Wornick (Baxters Food Group - Scotland)
- Allegion (Ireland)
- GKN Aerospace (United Kingdom)
- Omya (Switzerland)
- Map Vision (Finland)